Saturday, December 26, 2009

Loving the Word

Working my way through the Minor Prophets has been a bit depressing. It is hard to see the continuous rebellion in the Lords people (maybe it hits a little too close to home??) and the constant hurt this brings to them and God. I have started to balance things out a bit by spending time in the Psalms. Today, Psalm 119 was such an encouragement to me in so many ways. The 176 verses of this long Psalm reflect on the truth of God's word. It is thought that Ezra wrote the psalm, honoring the God whose word He loved. It resonates with my struggles today, thousands of years later.

In my life, as a Christian, I love the Word. The Bible is a daily part of my life. Either by reading it, hearing it, or meditating on the promises of it. Scripture is the only perfect revelation that God has left to his people until He returns. It is His love letter to His future bride. I read it in longing for Him to come. I love it because I love Him. I strive to obey it, because He wrote it. What encouragement He gave me today to stay steadfast in it.

Don't take my word for it. Read it for yourselves, and see what God has to say to you.