Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Coffee and a Bible

I have no greater joy than to hear that my children are walking in the truth. ~ 3 John :4
~
And like RedGateFarm just recently posted, children don't just happen to start walking in the truth all on their own ~ they follow their example and respond to the teaching of dedicated parents. Although I am far from perfect, or even close to fully resembling Christ, I always find it great joy when God allows the kids to witness nearly every morning my quiet time with a cup of coffee and a Bible. Our primary relationship with Christ is through the word. To walk in the truth we have to know the truth. My prayer and my goal is that I, too, would have no greater joy as I hear that my children are walking in the truth. For there is no greater joy than walking in the truth with your Savior.