Sunday, February 7, 2010

Still Gonna Praise God

Though the fig tree does not bud,
and there are no grapes on the vines,
though the olive crop failsand the fields produce no food,
though there are no sheep in the pen
and no cattle in the stalls,
yet I will rejoice in the Lord,
I will be joyful in God my Savior
.........Habakkuk 3:17-18
*
And, may I add my own sorrows from this past week~
*
Though I struggle with the shock and the hurt of watching our friends deal with the unexpected death of their teenage son,
Though the transmission goes out on the new-used van with the claimed rebuilt transmission only 1 month after buying it,
Though the hot water will still not stay hot in the next to new hot water heater and I am tired of sponge baths and my husband insists we dig up and replace the water line this spring (if we can wait that long) rather than building that entry way,
Though after spending 2 days watching and worrying about Belle in a delivery that did not seem right to me and she delivered a dead little doe kid without me,

Yet I will rejoice in the Lord,I will be joyful in God my Savior.
The Sovereign Lord is my strength;
he makes my feet like the feet of a deer,
he enables me to go on the heights.
~
The Lord is in His holy temple;the Lord is on his heavenly throne........ Psalm 10:4