Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The Alien Planet

March 4, 2011


As Traci would say "Day 14 on the Alien Planet" (Cheaper by the Dozen sound familiar anybody?). That's about how it feels~ like we are walking around in a different zone than anybody else. We had to make a Walmart trip tonight because my contacts where (ahem) 6 months overdue and I couldn't put off any longer waiting to get a new pair. I was doing pretty good until we were waiting in line to check in and saw the doctors name. What are the odds that his name would be Trent, too? Then the poor (young) doctor made some comment about bringing all the kids with and next thing you know he has a crying lady on his hands. At home it's one thing to be able to wander around trying to figure out just how to keep putting one foot in front of the other, but going out in the real world again baffles me. I just watch people and think "don't you know my son just died? don't you know it could be your son, or you, next? does eternity not matter more than what's on sale at Walmart?" and then I have to make a choice between rootbeer or orange pop/bottles or cans to take on a trip to spread my sons ashes next week. Bizarre. And that's about all I have to say about that. I'm going to go finish off the cheese puffs and see if I can make it through one more Star Wars movie in the Great Star Wars Movie Fest in honor of Trent.