Thursday, June 17, 2010

It's All About Me

Or.... maybe it's not, but it sure seems like it in our consumerist world.

Just a little rant/observation/pondering I have been noticing for quite some time now: while listening to or reading anything Christian related (sermons, songs, books, articles, conversations) I have started to put things through my own little filter test. The simple questions that I base this test on are 1) Who is this about~ God or me? Easier defined by asking "Did I learn something about myself, or about God?" 2) Is scripture the central teaching point, or is the teaching based on just another theory that is popular? Pay attention the next time and see for yourself.

And, after some self examination on my continuing stingy conservative stands on scripture, God reassured me with these sweet words this morning. So true! So true!

I would rather be a doorkeeper in the house of my God than dwell in the tents of the wicked. Psalm 84:10b