Thursday, May 5, 2011

Normal

April 28, 2011


"Normal" scares me lately more than anything else. Take today for instance~ Rob went to work, the kids and I enjoyed coffee, breakfast and our quiet Bible time, we did nearly a full day of home school, Cole helped me do outside chores while the other kids cleaned up the house, we enjoyed lunch, went to piano lessons, I talked to friends on the phone, worked outside on farm stuff with Rob after work while the kids played, had supper then family devotions and got the kids tucked into bed. Just normal stuff. Normal stuff without Trent. The new normal. And somehow it was okay. My thoughts were never very far away from the knowledge of Trent being in heaven, but God gave me such a peace today to somehow live and function doing normal life things. What else do you do? Cry all day like yesterday? Some "normal" might not be so bad.