Saturday, October 24, 2009

2 Timothy 4:16-18

Sunday, March 29, 2009

2 Timothy 4:16-18
At my first defense, no one came to my support, but everyone deserted me. May it not be held against them. But the Lord stood at my side and gave me strength, so that through me the message might be fully proclaimed and all the Gentiles might hear it. And I was delivered from the lion's mouth. The Lord will rescue me from every evil attack and will bring me safely to his heavenly kingdom. To him be glory for ever and ever. Amen.

This passage really struck me this morning in the midst of my exhausted-35-hour-work-weekend-state-of-mind. It made me ponder some of the things that God has been doing in my life the past few years, as well as look at the correlation in Paul's ministry and Jesus' last hours. God seems to take away all of our holds in life so that in the end it is only us and Him. Whether it be family, friends, congregations, titles, or physical homes, etc., He slowly pries our fingers off of this world so that in the end it is only the Lord we are counting on to give us the strength we need to endure what He has called us to. It is a hard journey to follow, until you realize the One who's calling. And, as in all things, it will be for His glory.Also this passage brought great encouragement as we are working our way through the Scriptures in a marathon type fashion at our home:2 Timothy 3:14-15But as for you, continue in what you have learned and have become convinced of, because you know those from whom you learned it, and how from infancy you have known the holy scriptures which are able to make you wise for salvation through faith in Christ Jesus.