Saturday, October 24, 2009

Galatians 4:15

Friday, July 11, 2008

Galatians 4:15

Galatians 4:15
What has happened to all your joy?
God has had me in Galatians and Ephesians for the past couple of months (even though I had planned to go through the whole new testament, and really am only supposed to be in Luke). Glad He knows what He's doing instead of me, because there is so much in there that I need to be reminded of.
In this text Paul is asking the Galatians "What has happened to all your joy?" I feel like it is a question God is asking me lately. As a Mom you tend to have to run on co-pilot at times just to get the job done. This has been just such a time for me.
The Galatians apparently had become slaves to someone else's beliefs about God, and to their rules about worshiping God. They lost the connection with God, which brings all the joy. We are in the middle of some "church" issues, and I feel that my joy has been taken in trying to comply to "the rules", rather than to God himself, and what He is doing.
Where is joy found? Where am I looking? Why have I let others rob me? I am miserable not serving, or having an area to serve. When I am not true to who God made me, and try to be who someone else declares I should be, I do not bring Glory to God.
I love the scene in the movie "The Notebook" where Allie comes to her fiancee, Lon, and says "I don't paint anymore." He says "Then go paint!" She does, and comes back to Noah, her true source of joy.
Quilting is one of my joys from God. He is the ultimate creator of beauty, and I am allowed to reveal how I was made in His image as I enjoy this gift. It is also one thing I haven't enjoyed for a couple of years. I dug out this half finished project, and might just go quilt! Keep up the good fight, don't let anyone rob you of your joy.