Saturday, October 24, 2009

Conviction

Friday, May 8, 2009

Conviction
Alexis, Trent, and Cole have joined the Bible Bee competition (it's a national contest with prizes totalling $260,000 and you can still sign up until May 15). Flipping through some of the curriculum we will be studying over the summer I came across these questions on the section about Abraham. I have a feeling this will be a very challenging course. I think I like it already!Asked by God of Abraham (and you and me??)

"Will you cooperate with My plans for your life?"
"Will you trust Me to provide for you [in famine]?"
"Will you value what is eternal versus temporal and place the interests of others ahead of your own?"
"Will you trust Me for victory over your enemies?"
"Will you guard my holy reputation by crediting Me alone as your source of material and spiritual success?"
"Will you wait for My timing [in providing a child of promise]?"
"Do you love Me more than anyone else?" (Even yourself?)