Saturday, October 24, 2009

God Moments

Monday, February 23, 2009

God Moments
Reading through the Power for Living from church this morning, God opened my eyes to some interesting things.

There was a story about Gary Haugen who runs International Justice Mission. Their purpose is to work with local authorities to dig up evidence and bring prosecutions in foreign countries against those guilty of abuse and slavery.

I found it very interesting how God had gifted him, and used those gifts for His glory. It made me ponder how God gifts each one of us, and as we use those gifts as He draws them out, we are ultimately happier, and God is glorified. Gary "felt called to live out his faith and education by investing in a cause bigger than himself." God purposely gave him those gifts, and then allowed the education in his life. I can think of so many things in my life that God has gifted me in, and taught me in, that could be used for His glory. I find, too, that those are the times I am truly happy.Just think, every little gift that is in each one of us reveals another aspect of who God is in some way.

Scripture says we are created in His likeness. What an amazing, diverse God! Who are we to limit Him to the boxes we define?Another interesting quote was from Micah 6:8 "In Micah 6:8 God tells us that the bottom line agenda for His people is to do justice and love mercy and walk humbly with Him." How simple our relationship with God should be, and how complicated we want to make it. Adding so many extra requirements to it. I am learning how to walk humbly with God, and removing so many of those extra worldly add-ons that consume my time and energy. It is an interesting journey, a bit scary at times, but I know who's leading.

And, this one really struck me."While some people asked where God was during such a human tragedy, I came home with another question burning in my gut," Gary admits. "I wanted to know where God's people were."Where are God's people? Where are you?