Sunday, October 25, 2009

Joy!

Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Joy!
We have started studying the book of Ecclesiastes in Sunday School (hey, an actual study of the Bible in Sunday School class, who would have ever thunk it?, okay, sorry, I'll get off my soap box now). I have never quite understood the lamenting of Ecclesiastes, but somehow being 30 something, in the middle of a huge farm remodel project while at the same time trying to run that farm, raising 5 kids (lots of days wearily), amongst the rat race of life, I now have a greater appreciation for what Solomon was saying as he was reflecting on his life on this earth.

Ecclesiastes 5:19Moreover, when God gives any man wealth and possessions, and enables him to enjoy them, to accept his lot and be happy in his work - this is a gift of God.

It made me think of all the times that I have just stood and looked at the animals, or the half completed projects, or some other amazing thing that God has showed me around here, and the simple joy found in that. To realize that these things, even the happiness, is a gift from God. Makes me want to go and hug my goats again!