Saturday, October 24, 2009

Luke 12:27

Thursday, June 19, 2008

Luke 12:27
"Consider how the lilies grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you, not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these." JesusTo a "do-er", this can be a hard verse. I tend to "do" all the time, laboring and spinning, thinking it's all about getting it done. Forgetting that it's God's to do. He has been bringing me through trials, and taking worldly things away, in order for me to get back to the basics, Him, and realize what's the most important. It's hard to stop "doing", yet my labor should not be for this kingdom, but for His eternal one. This verse also makes it a little easier to look in my closet, there's nothing to wear! (the cows don't care), and remember that one day He will clothe us in glory. My goal was to read through the new testament again this year. I am only on Luke, so expect more verses from Luke! Maybe the goal should be to savor it, instead of "do" it?