Sunday, October 25, 2009

Living Victoriously

Thursday, July 16, 2009

Living Victoriously
Something that has been in my thoughts recently has been the way that Christians live their lives. Often times I think we forget who we are. One of Satan's greatest tricks is deceit. I often find myself feeling defeated in this life and need to continually remind myself of who I am in Christ. 1st Peter was a great encouragement to me this morning.1Peter 1:1-2...To God's elect, strangers in the world... who have been chosen according to the foreknowledge of God the Father, through the sanctifying work of the Spirit, for obedience to Jesus Christ and sprinkling by His blood.

We are God's chosen. Chosen by God. God chose me. What a humbling thought. With that comes great responsibility, yet it is through the sanctifying work of the Spirit that God will do that work. My greatest calling in life is to be obedient to Jesus Christ. Already I have been sprinkled with the blood of Christ which means that my sins have been forgiven and I can approach the throne of grace of my heavenly Father without fear.

But how often I forget that and go on as if this world owes me joy and ease. God said we are strangers here. Awaiting our eternal home with Him. Peter goes on to write that Jesus has given us new birth and a living hope through His resurrection. We have an inheritance that will never perish, spoil or fade-kept in heaven for us. Through faith we are shielded by God's power until the coming of the salvation that is ready to be revealed in the last time. Because of this we are called to rejoice greatly!

Trials and suffering will come that our faith may be proved genuine, that through them we will be refined, and it all will result in praise, glory and honor when Jesus Christ is revealed. Though we have not seen Him, we love Him. Because He has opened our eyes and hearts to believe in Him we are filled with an inexpressible and glorious joy! We are receiving the goal of our faith, the salvation of our souls. May our lives reflect this by living victoriously!