Saturday, October 24, 2009

Colossians 2:19b

Wednesday, July 9, 2008

Colossians 2 :19b

[Things] grow as God causes them to grow.
Colossians 2:19b
This is a verse that God has been using for the past year in my life. He brought it to me last summer, just before He began to "grow" lots of things in my life that I know I would not have chosen to grow. It's easier to just be content where you are in your walk, rather than have to be stretched and have things revealed that are nicely hidden.
It has brought comfort to know that God is sovereign, especially over our spiritual growth. He brings things to the surface that need to be dealt with. He also sets the pace that they will be dealt with. In our McDonald's society, and especially in my life, I want it in 2 minutes or my money back! I tend to run ahead on everything, and forget that God longs to glorify Himself, if I will just trust Him and be patient.

Sometimes you look up and realize just how far that growth has come, and realize how very far there is to go. It is good to remember that He will complete to perfection what He has started.