Saturday, October 24, 2009

My Thesis on Pain

Wednesday, February 4, 2009

My Thesis on Pain
Being I have had ample time to ponder such things, and first hand experience of late, I have come up with some pretty good theories on pain. To nit pick it apart, to the ultimate glory of God, and trying to figure out how it all fit's into His plan, I have first figured out that first of all it just hurts! Plain and simple.

Now, as to the reasons God might have for pain: sanctification and evidence of the fall.In my case, surgery, sanctification would not be my first way of explaining away pain. Although, it certainly is a by product. Sanctification, in my understanding, are the things that God uses us to shape and mold us to be more Christ like. I all ready tried this approach, and some how could not compare my pain to, say, what Christ or Paul suffered. Pain with a reason, and endured for a cause.

Therefor, my final conclusion, is that pain reveals again evidence of the fall. Genesis talks briefly about the paradise that God created for Adam and Eve. It is assumed that there was no pain or toil, as these things were given after the sin occurred. Pain reveals that our bodies are dying because of the curse, and as promised, it is painful. The other promises therefor are worth holding onto all the more. The new bodies we will one day be given that will be perfect, never dying. The promise of God bottling up all our tears. The promises of God never leaving us. The hopes of perfection to come in all things.

So, with all this in mind, I gladly take what God has also designed, Vicadin. I could come up with more biblical evidence, but being I would have to get up and walk in order to get my Bible to do that, and the vicadin will soon be kicking in, you'll just have to take my word for it.