Saturday, October 24, 2009

Reading the Bible

Sunday, March 22, 2009

Reading the Bible
Call me crazy, but I have had this overwhelming desire to need to immerse my children (and myself) in the Word. It has been a little nagging thing, but continues to press until I decided to do something about it today. And, how do I do everything, why jump in with both feet, of course. We are going to try to read a book of the Bible everyday (allowing our self some busy off days), and hope to read it through by the end of May. We read Matthew today, and it was amazing. I have been plugging along through the New Testament myself since November 2007, studying and journaling various chapters at a time (which is wonderful) but to read the whole book of Matthew in one setting really gave me a big picture kind of feeling. Knowing myself, I am sure we will get sidetracked, but I hope not. If that cabin-in-the-woods were done, I would love to go hide myself out there and read the whole Bible in one setting.