Sunday, October 25, 2009

King of Our Own Hills

Tuesday, October 13, 2009

King of our Own Hills
With the few spare moments I have to ponder things lately (that homeschooling really gets in the way sometimes:), here's something that has been most prevalent the last couple of days, it comes from a bit of a daily devotional (Slice of Infinity)that I get...

"Everybody wants to be the king of a hill," he concluded. "But the number of aspiring kings always dwarfs the number of available hills, so in this country we build more hills."

It has made me consider what hills I am building. Why are they so important? Why do I feel that I need to be the king of them? What's wrong with being humble, huh, Yertle? Which are the important hills to be working on? It does seem to me that we are all pretty occupied building our own hills to be the king of that we forget who really is the King of the Hill.
~
And, totally not related, the kid's and I have been having "heart checks". Umm, sweetie-pie, better check your heart on that one. So, as I was still perturbed at the washer repair guy for not showing up on my schedule for the past 3 weeks, I turned my frustration into blessings and sent him home with some squash. Along with praying for him, which changed my heart as much as God hopefully worked on his. Had it not been for the motor housing being destroyed by a loose nickel we would have never even met this guy in the first place, if you really want to put things into perspective. Plus I got out of a few days of washing laundry.