Saturday, October 24, 2009

Revelations, Ramblings

Sunday, October 5, 2008

Revelations, Ramblings
After checking out Gina's blog, I came across this new blog, Letters from Kamp Krusty (check out the blog list on the right). It was such a hilarious, honest breath of fresh air from a guy God is using to debunk the modern church and to bring people to a closer, real walk with God. I laughed harder than I have for days, maybe even weeks! It also brought me nearly to tears, as I recognized things in my own life that I have allowed the church to indoctrinate into me. My own personal struggle with submitting to my husband in going back to our old church was finally given words as to what was happening and why my spirit is crying out to get away from it. The American church has, for the most part, Americanized church to the point that it hardly looks like Christianity, and I see God pulling so many people away from it so that they can have an authentic relationship with Him. Honestly, it scares me, because going to church on Sunday morning is the only way I have ever known to be a Christian. The past 2 years God is slowly showing me the hypocrisy that I have been denying, and putting up with, just to belong. I rather like the God I have gotten to know the past 2 years, rather than the one that was preached but not lived in the previous 10 years. To be back in an environment where you have to jump through all those hoops just to be accepted on Sunday morning is not what following God is about. But, throw in the whole submission issue, and I am only confused more. I am praying for my husband for wisdom in leading His family, and waiting on God. At the same time, I struggle with seeing what this certain group calls Christianity, and don't want to be any part of it. So many of Kamp Krusty's post's hit home, now I have to figure out what to do with it. Warning: Only read it if you are open to what God is doing in His people. It is not for the faint of heart who are protecting their image of the church. Let God sanctify you through it.