Saturday, October 24, 2009

Job 33-34

Thursday, December 18, 2008

Job 33-34

I love how God's word speaks to his children. Verse 33:14 "For God does speak- now one way, now another-though man may not perceive it." Morning's are hard for me, as I have inherited a night owl disposition. I love the quiet of the house after everyone has gone to bed, but pay for it in the mornings by missing that quiet time I need with God to get the day started. After a couple cups of coffee, and being able to think, pray and read my Bible, I am ready to deal with the world and talk to people. But, in a home with 5 young children, that rarely happens. What you get is one crabby Mom, fighting to control her tongue.
~
But, after even a snippet of the Word, I am usually ready to go. Verse 33:26 "he sees God's face and shouts for joy"!! Maybe it's cabin fever already, maybe it's being tired, or maybe it's just me, but lately the tongue's been harder to control. I long for that joy of being in God's presence, to shout for joy for who He is, and what He has created, and what He is doing. I struggle with wanting my own way, and not being able to be obedient or submit. I whine because I want things restored in our life to how they used to be. I don't want to struggle through church issues, financial issues, everything breaking down, anger, and selfishness. Verse 34:33 Should God then reward you on your terms, when you refuse to repent?
~
So, again, I admit my wrong doings, beg for God's grace and mercy, and remember His Son. God graciously reminds me, again, of his love and provision. Verse 33:23-25 Yet if there is an angel on his side as a mediator, one out of a thousand, to tell a man what is right for him, to be gracious to him and say, 'Spare him from going down to the pit; I have found a ransom for him'- then his flesh is renewed like a child's; it is restored as in the days of his youth. Jesus is that mediator, and has paid the ransom, that I might be restored with God. Verse 33:28 He redeemed my soul from going down to the pit, and I will live to enjoy the light.
~
Then, it is much easier to control the tongue, and to see how my life can bring glory to God by my attitude, actions and obedience. It kind of puts it all in perspective again. So I am ready again to find the joy in pouring myself into 5 young people with the simple acts of cooking, cleaning, teaching and even wiping noses and bottoms. To create a haven for my husband to come home to and enjoy. To brave the elements for the sake of these animals and this farm. And know that somehow even this is a high calling worth being obedient to. That this is a special privilege from God that He chose me to fulfill. That these years are going fast, and even now I am seeing the results from how I choose to fill my days and use my tongue. I can continue to fight my own deceiving heart and battle to turn all my thoughts to one's that glorify Christ. The battle lines are drawn, and I find myself my own worst enemy. Good thing the battle belongs to the Lord. He is the one who has the final victory.