Saturday, October 24, 2009

Isaiah 40:6-8

Saturday, April 18, 2009

Isaiah 40:6-8
A voice says, "Cry out!"And I said, "What shall I cry?""All men are like grassand all their glory is like the flowers of the field.The grass withers and the flowers fail, because the breath of the Lord blows on them.Surely the people are grass.The grass withers and the flowers fail, but the word of our God stands forever."

As I was whining to God this morning about different things in my life that He has chosen for me I came across this passage in Isaiah. It really struck me and again put things in to perspective with an eternal view. This life and this world are not about me. My life will pass away as the flowers of the field scripture says. What will be left at the end is God and His Word.

I tend to get so caught up in these worldly things. A little perspective is good. My prayer then turns to that rather than seeking my own glory and my own way I might commit all these things to God's glory. That His name be lifted up and honored in all things. Keeping in perspective that all He has given us here is from Him, and to do all the things we do for His glory.

That's why when we do things like ride the horses we start by thanking God for them, the beautiful day and opportunity to ride, ask for His hand to be upon us and the horses in safety, acknowledge that even this land to ride them on is from Him. When we start any project we try to not get too consumed with it, but rather look upon it as taking care of what God has given us. Are we being good stewards and managing His gift? When I see my husband get up at 5:30 to go to work I pray for him, and thank God for such a good man for a husband, who works so hard to supply all his family needs. When I see the beautiful faces of my children I pray for their salvation and God's work in their lives that they, too, may learn to honor the Lord and seek His glory above their own.

I often fail and forget, but great is the Lords forgiveness, mighty was the price paid on the cross for sin, and powerful is the Holy Spirit to correct and lead us on to righteousness.The Bible says that it is God's word that will never disappear. This world will one day end, and our lives, too. If that is what is going to be left standing it would be wise to know what it says, who said it, and to make your salvation sure with God. Shouldn't we then strive all the more to obey that word, as well?