Sunday, October 25, 2009

Hebrews 11:13-16

Saturday, May 16, 2009

Hebrews 11:13-16
So, in my discontent this week of where God has us church-wise, I read these encouraging words from Hebrews this morning that again put all things in perspective.

All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance. And they admitted that they were aliens and strangers on earth. People who say such things show that they are looking for a country of their own. If they had been thinking of the country they had left, they would have opportunity to return. Instead, they were longing for a better country - a heavenly one. Therefore God is not ashamed to be called their God, for he has prepared a city for them.

It is not in this world that things will be perfect. God has me wandering in the desert for a reason. I am learning how to walk humbly with Him wherever He is leading; waiting for my eternal home. I will call him My God the whole way.